Ministry of Finance seeks board members
~ Mortgage Guarantee Fund board to be established shortly ~
POND ISLAND -- The Ministry of Finance is seeking members to join the board of the Mortgage Guarantee Fund. The St. Maarten Mortgage Guarantee Fund is of great importance to the housing industry and to the people of St. Maarten. This Fund will be able to offer mortgage guarantees to lending institutions for residents. This guarantee will serve as additional security on the obligations attached to loans acquired by residents, which will not only incentivize homeownership but provide residents with the necessary support to be able to acquire their own homes.
The requirements for a member are as follows:
Education, Knowledge & Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or academic work and thinking level;
- Strong understanding of client and market dynamics.
- Proven working experience with at least five (5) years of management experience on (strategic) management level;
- 5 years? experience in a leadership role in the local housing industry;
- Proven track record of managing projects across multiple sectors (Small Business, Enterprise, and Government).
- Finance and/or Accounting;
- Insurance Industry;
- Construction Management;
- Real Estate and Real Estate Development.
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
To apply for this position, please send an application letter and your resume to Mrs. S. Harrigan-Vanterpool at Sharlesha.Vanterpool@sintmaartengov.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday, September 25th, 2020.