Message from the community officers
TEENS BEING OUT DURING SUMMER VACATION
Your teen might be attending Night clubs?
Facts: the areas of the brain that control decision-making don't fully develop
until early adulthood (over the age of 25.) A teen's developing brain places them at greater risk of being reactive in their decision-making, and less able to consider the consequences of their choices.
• Get to know your teen(s) friends (their names, parents' info, living addresses.)
• Know the signs (your teen(s) suddenly becomes secretive and isolate oneself.)
• Establish solid driving rules with your teen(s) (places they go and who drives.)
• Put rules and boundaries in place (places they go, time to be back home.)
• Have open conversations with your teen(s) (about substances, sex, friends that are bad influences.)
• Prohibit your minor (under 18) from engaging in nightclub attendance.
• Be the role model they need to be successful.
SUMMER VACATION HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED AND WE AT KPSM WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A SAFE VACATION.