Income Support and Unemployment Support Recipients urged to apply
~ Income and Unemployment deadline is August 22nd ~
PHILIPSBURG – The Ministry of Finance would like to remind you to apply to the “Income Support for Sole Proprietors, Vendor License Holders, Bus and Independent Taxi and Tour Drivers” and COVID-19 Unemployment Support. Both programs pay ANG. 1,150 per month to qualifying individuals.
In order to receive continued Income Support, applicants must resubmit monthly. In order to apply for Income support, you will need:
- A Completed Income Support Application Form.
- Upload a copy of a valid Sint Maarten issued ID or passport (expired no longer than six (6) months).
- Upload a copy of a valid copy of the Chamber of Commerce & Industry registration, this is only required from the sole proprietor (not older than 6 months);
- Upload a copy of a valid (or not expired longer than 6 months as of the date application) vending permit (of any kind), bus or taxi license
- Upload a stamped (Tax Office) copy of the 2018 Income Tax Return up until August 31, 2020. As of September 1, 2020, a stamped copy of the 2019 Income Tax Return will be required.
In order to apply for Unemployment support you will need:
- A completed COVID-19 Unemployment Support Application Online Form;
- Upload copy of valid Sint Maarten issued ID or passport (expired no longer than six (6) months);
- Upload an original Letter of Termination or Dismissal (On Company letterhead with Company Stamp);
- Upload a copy of the applicant’s last pay slip (from a payroll system with the Company’s name clearly visible)
There is now a portal for your application, making it easier to keep track of your submitted documents. Please visit the official stimulus website for all information and updates. There is also a helpdesk available for all of your inquiries, the official SSRP website can be accessed at www.ssrp.sx. The deadline to submit your application is the 22nd of August.